The following food ingredients should be avoided by all Muslims and care should be exercised whist doing your shopping:
2. Animal Shortening*
3. Animal Fat *
5. Broth* (from animals)
6. Enzymes*: Microbial Enzymes are okay
7. Ethanol 8. Ethyl alcohol
12. L-cysteine (if from human hair)
14. Lipase*: Only animal lipase should be avoided
16. Rennet*: All forms should be avoided except for plant/microbial/synthetic.
18. Stock* (from animals)
21. Vanilla Extract/Flavour
22. Whey*: Should be avoided unless the rennet used in its production is plant/microbial/synthetic.
* May be consumed if from Halal, Zabihah, animals Look out for these food ingredients when you shop. Always remember to read the food ingredients before you buy any food product. If in doubt, leave out!